Outline: Post-quake Christchurch has seen a flourishing of alternative economic activities that work to directly support the wellbeing of residents, often through the volunteer and community sector. This project seeks to produce a database, conceptual map, and a literal map of the diverse economic activities contributing to both coping with change and the future renewal of Christchurch. Enthusiastic students with an interest or background in diverse economies, solidarity economies, community organising and/or GIS are especially welcome to apply.
Preferred skills: community organising, interviewing skills, excellent English, GIS, programming.
Funding Sources: For all scholarship opportunities, please see: http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/Scholarships/
- Relevant first class honours degree or Masters Degree
- A minimum grade point average of 3.5 (higher for scholarships)
- Minimum English language requirements for this project: IELTS 7.0
Please contact Kathy Hogarth ([email protected]
) in the first instance with the following documents:
- Grade transcripts and IELTS certificate
- Letter stating your research interests