Institute: Institute for Advanced Simulation (IAS) / Institute of Neuroscience and Medicine (INM), Jülich, Germany. The institute pursues Molecular Simulation and Structural Bioinformatics towards Molecular Medicine
Description: The PhD position is at Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany (http://www.fz-juelich.de/portal/EN/Home/home_node.html), embedded in a highly cross-disciplinary environment at the RWTH Aachen University, Germany (http://www.rwth-aachen.de/). The focus of the project is the computational design of specific inhibitors for a novel target against neurodegenerative disease. The research activities will employ Bioinformatics and Molecular Dynamics techniques as well as Computational Pharmacology. The project is in collaboration with the Department of Neurology at the University Hospital RWTH Aachen (http://www.neuroscience-aachen.de/univ-prof-dr-med-joerg-b-schulz.html), as well as with the Medical Imaging Physics division, INM-4, (http://www.fz-juelich.de/inm/inm-4/EN) of the Institute of Neuroscience and Medicine at Forschungszentrum Jülich.
• PhD fellowship based on salary grade EG 13 (70%) of the German Collective Agreement for the Civil Service (TVöD).
• A position available for 3.5 years
• Working in an interdisciplinary environment
• Opportunities of being part of the national and international scientific community
• Specialized courses, summer schools, seminars by renowned experts
Forschungszentrum Jülich aims to employ more women in this area and therefore particularly welcomes applications from women. We also welcome applications from disabled persons.
Documents sent will be screened by an evaluating committee and, based on the record of the scientific career, the shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview, by teleconference if necessary.
Complete applications should include a CV, the Degree thesis, a complete list of publications, names and e-mails of two referees, and should be submitted to Jun-Prof. Giulia Rossetti ([email protected]
) by February 29, 2016.
• Master degree in Physics, Chemistry, Bioinformatics or a related field.
• Experience in theoretical (Bio-)Chemistry and/or in Physics is required.
• A basic knowledge of computational biology techniques as well as Unix operative system is highly appreciated.
• Good spoken and written English
• Communication and teamwork skills