This project is no longer listed in the FindAPhD
database and may not be available.
This PhD project is offered on a self-funding basis. It is open to applicants with funding or those applying to funding sources.
Details of tuition fees can be found at http://www.uea.ac.uk/pgresearch/pgrfees. A bench fee of £5000 is also normally payable on top of the tuition fee to cover specialist equipment or laboratory costs required for the research.
1. ‘Asymmetric Epoxidation Using Binaphthyl- and Biphenyl- Derived Iminium Salt Organocatalysts Featuring Dynamically Controlled Atropoisomerism,’ P C B Page, C J Bartlett, Y Chan, D P Day, P Parker, B R Buckley, G A Rassias, A M Z Slawin, S M Allin, J Lacour, A Pinto, J. Org. Chem., 2012, 77, 6128-6138. DOI: 10.1021/jo300915u
2. ‘Harnessing Applied Potential to Oxidation in Water,’ B R Buckley, Y Chan, N Dreyfus, C E Elliott, F Marken, P C B Page, Green Chem., 2012, 14, 2221-2225. DOI: 10.1039/c2gc35238a
3. ‘Enantioselective Total Synthesis of (+)-Scuteflorin A using Organocatalytic Asymmetric Epoxidation,’ P C B Page, C J Bartlett, Y Chan, D Day, S M Allin, M J McKenzie, J. Org. Chem., 2012, 772-774.
4. ‘Alkoxyresorcinarene Triflates: The Use of Palladium Catalysed Reactions in the Synthesis of Axially Chiral Derivatives with Amino- and/or Alkoxy- Substituents,’ P C B Page, T R Bygrave, Y Chan, H Heaney, V McKee, Eur. J. Org. Chem., 2011, 3016-3025.
5. ‘Enantioselective organocatalytic epoxidation driven by electrochemically generated percarbonate and persulfate,’ P C B Page, F Marken, C Williamson, Y Chan, B R Buckley, D Bethell, Adv. Synth. Catal., 2008, 350, 1149-1154.