Applications are invited from self-funded students. For informa inqueries please contact Dr Pavel Gershkovich ([email protected]).
1. Buettner C, Davis RB, Leveille SG, Mittleman MA, Mukamal KJ: Prevalence of musculoskeletal pain and statin use. Journal of general internal medicine 2008, 23(8):1182-1186.
2. Trusler D: Statin prescriptions in UK now total a million each week. BMJ 2011, 343.
3. Statistics NCfH: Health, United States, 2010: With special feature on death and dying. 2011.
4. Ioannidis JP: More than a billion people taking statins?: potential implications of the new cardiovascular guidelines. JAMA 2014, 311(5):463-464.
5. Taha DA, De Moor CH, Barrett DA, Gershkovich P: Translational insight into statin-induced muscle toxicity: from cell culture to clinical studies. Translational Research 2014, 164(2):85-109.
6. Kobayashi M, Hidaka K, Chisaki I, Takahashi N, Ogura J, Itagaki S, Hirano T, Yamaguchi H, Iseki K: [Effects of acidification and alkalinization agents on statins-induced muscle toxicity]. Yakugaku zasshi: Journal of the
7. Sugatani J, Sadamitsu S, Kurosawa M, Ikushiro S-i, Sakaki T, Ikari A, Miwa M: Nutritional status affects fluvastatin-induced hepatotoxicity and myopathy in rats. Drug Metabolism and Disposition 2010, 38(10):1655-1664.
8. Gershkovich P, Hoffman A: Effect of a high-fat meal on absorption and disposition of lipophilic compounds: the importance of degree of association with triglyceride-rich lipoproteins. European journal of pharmaceutical sciences 2007, 32(1):24-32.
9. Wasan KM, Ramaswamy M, Mcintosh MP, Porter CJ, Charman WN: Differences in the lipoprotein distribution of halofantrine are regulated by lipoprotein apolar lipid and protein concentration and lipid transfer protein I activity: in vitro studies in normolipidemic and dyslipidemic human plasmas. Journal of pharmaceutical sciences 1999, 88(2):185-190.
FTE Category A staff submitted: 44.10
Research output data provided by the Research Excellence Framework (REF)Click here to see the results for all UK universities