This project has a Band 1 fee. Details of our different fee bands can be found on our website. For information on how to apply for this project, please visit the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health Doctoral Academy website. Informal enquiries may be made directly to the primary supervisor.
1. Gowen E, Poliakoff E (2012) How does visuomotor priming differ for biological and non-biological stimuli? A review of the evidence. Psychological Research. 76: 407–420.
2. Kätsyri J, Förger K, Mäkäräinen M, Takala T (2015) A review of empirical evidence on different uncanny valley hypotheses: support for perceptual mismatch as one road to the valley of eeriness. Frontiers in Psychology, 6:390 DOI:10.3389/fpsyg.2015.00390
3. Mori M (1970) The Uncanny Valley. Energy, 7, 33-35. Translated by Karl F. MacDorman and Takashi Minato
4. Poliakoff E, Beach N, Best R, Howard T, Gowen E (2013) Can looking at a hand make your skin crawl? Peering into the uncanny valley for hands. Perception, 42, 998-1000.
5. Saygin A P, Chaminade T, Ishiguro H, Driver J, Frith C (2012) The thing that should not be: predictive coding and the uncanny valley in perceiving human and humanoid robot actions. Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience, 7, 413-422.
FTE Category A staff submitted: 67.70
Research output data provided by the Research Excellence Framework (REF)Click here to see the results for all UK universities