Industry Focused PhD scholarship in RF Integrated Circuit (IC) Design on the project of the design and implementation of an RF transceiver for an RFID tag
La Trobe University Centre for Technology Infusion (CTI) would like to invite applications for an Industry Focused PhD scholarship in the following area:
• RF Integrated Circuit (IC) Design
Each PhD candidate will receive a stipend of $30,000 per annum for 3 years (tax exempt), plus a top-up scholarship of $3,000 for exceptional candidates as assessed by the selection committee.
Applicants should have an Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or closely related fields with First Class Honours (or an equivalent high GPA/Grade for international candidates).
Candidates with two or more years of related professional work experience are highly encouraged to apply and are more likely to be successful.
• Strong theoretical knowledge of wireless systems
• Demonstrated practical skills with RF circuit design, simulation, and test
• For RFIC Design, the candidates should have prior experience/training in Industry standard EDA tools
Interested candidates are requested to send their application by 31st of January, 2016 (AEST time zone). Please ensure that your application includes the following:
• A brief cover letter addressing the requirements
• Up to date CV with the list of publications (if any)
• Scanned copies of original academic transcript(s) (with English translations for international students certified by the Registrar of the issuing institution or by an accredited translator)
• Contact details of two referees
• Evidence or plans for meeting English language requirements (for international students; please refer to the following link for more information: http://www.latrobe.edu.au/study/how-to-apply/international/english-and-academic-requirements/english-language-requirements )
Shortlisted candidates may be interviewed at the discretion of the selection committee and their referees will be contacted (over the phone or by email).
Visit the following website for application and enquiries: