This project has a Band 1 fee. Details of our different fee bands can be found on our website. For information on how to apply for this project, please visit the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health Doctoral Academy website. Informal enquiries may be made directly to the primary supervisor.
• Dyke GJ, Nudds RL, & Rayner JMV (2006) Flight of Sharovipteryx mirabilis: the world's first delta-winged glider. J. Evol. Biol. 19(4): 1040-1043.
• Nudds RL & Dyke GJ (2009) Forelimb posture in dinosaurs and the evolution of the avian flapping flight-stroke. Evolution 63(4): 994-1002.
• Nudds RL & Dyke GJ (2010) Narrow Primary Feather Rachises in Confuciusornis and Archaeopteryx Suggest Poor Flight Ability. Science 328(5980): 887-889.
• Wang X, Nudds RL, Palmer C, & Dyke GJ (2012) Size scaling and stiffness of avian primary feathers: implications for the flight of Mesozoic birds. J. Evol. Biol. 25(3): 547-555.
• Burgers P & Chiappe LM (1999) The wing of Archaeopteryx as a primary thrust generator. Nature 399: 60-62.