This project has a Band 3 fee. Details of our different fee bands can be found on our website (View Website). For information on how to apply for this project, please visit the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health Doctoral Academy website (View Website). Informal enquiries may be made directly to the primary supervisor.
1. Chu X, Korzekwa KR, Elsby R, Fenner KS, Galetin A, Lai Y, et al. Intracellular Drug Concentrations and Transporters: Measurement, Modeling and Implications in the Liver. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 94, 126-141 (2013).
2. Kazmi F, Hensley T, Pope C, Funk RS, Loewen GJ, Buckley DB, et al. Lysosomal Sequestration (Trapping) of Lipophilic Amine (Cationic Amphiphilic) Drugs in Immortalized Human Hepatocytes (Fa2N-4 cells). Drug Metab Dispos. 41(4), 897-905 (2013).
3. Hallifax D and Houston JB. Saturable uptake of lipophilic amine drugs into isolated hepatocytes: mechanisms and consequences for quantitative clearance prediction. Drug Metab Dispos. 35, 1325-1332 (2007).
4. Logan R, Funk RS, Axcell E and Krise JP. Drug-drug interactions involving lysosomes: mechanisms and potential clinical implications. Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol. 8, 943-958 (2012).
5. Ufuk A, Somers G, Houston JB and Galetin A. In Vitro Assessment of Uptake and Lysosomal Sequestration of Respiratory Drugs in Alveolar Macrophage Cell Line NR8383. Pharm Res 32(12):3937-51 (2015).