This project is for self-funded students only. There is no funding attached to this project. The successful applicant will be expected to pay Tuition Fees and living expenses, from their own resources, for the duration of study.
1. Bernardo, P., E. Drioli, and G. Golemme. "Membrane gas separation: a review/state of the art." Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 48.10 (2009): 4638-4663.
2. Mahajan, Rajiv, and William J. Koros. "Mixed matrix membrane materials with glassy polymers. Part 1." Polymer Engineering & Science 42.7 (2002): 1420-1431.
3. Afzal, Waheed, Xiangyang Liu, and John M. Prausnitz. "High solubilities of carbon dioxide in tetraalkyl phosphonium-based ionic liquids and the effect of diluents on viscosity and solubility." Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 59.4 (2014): 954-960.
4. Afzal, Waheed, Xiangyang Liu, and John M. Prausnitz. "Physical data for a process to separate krypton from air by selective absorption in an ionic liquid." Fluid Phase Equilibria 404 (2015): 124-130.
5. Wickham, David T., Kevin J. Gleason, and Scott W. Cowley. Advanced supported liquid membranes for carbon dioxide control in extravehicular activity applications." U.S. Patent No. 9,044,566. 2 Jun. 2015.
6. Kárászová, Magda, et al. "Effective permeability of binary mixture of carbon dioxide and methane and pre-dried raw biogas in supported ionic liquid membranes." Separation and Purification Technology 153 (2015): 14-18.
7. Rosenboom, Jan-Georg, Waheed Afzal, and John M. Prausnitz. "Solubilities of some organic solutes in 1-ethyl-3-methylimidazolium acetate. Chromatographic measurements and predictions from COSMO-RS." The Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics 47 (2012): 320-327.
This project is advertised in relation to the research areas of the discipline of Engineering. Formal applications can be completed online: http://www.abdn.ac.uk/postgraduate/apply. You should apply for Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering, to ensure that your application is passed to the correct College for processing.
NOTE CLEARLY THE NAME OF THE SUPERVISOR AND EXACT PROJECT TITLE YOU WISH TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ON THE APPLICATION FORM. Applicants are limited to applying for a maximum of 2 projects. Any further applications received will be automatically withdrawn.
Informal inquiries can be made to Dr W Afzal ([email protected]) with a copy of your curriculum vitae and cover letter. All general enquiries should be directed to the Graduate School Admissions Unit ([email protected]).
FTE Category A staff submitted: 38.60
Research output data provided by the Research Excellence Framework (REF)Click here to see the results for all UK universities