PhD – plant-insect food web responses to global change.
Applications are invited for a PhD in terrestrial ecology, in the School of Biological Sciences, to commence in May 2018 or as soon as possible after.
Applicants should have a strong background in terrestrial ecology with experience in tropical rainforest ecology, food webs and climate change experiments. Applicants need an enthusiastic attitude to extended field seasons.
• Masters (or equivalent honours degrees) with a strong research component in terrestrial ecology
• Tropical field work experience
• Strong academic performance
• Molecular skills
• Plant and insect identification skills
• Written publication record
Applicants from all countries are eligible to apply.
For information on how to apply see: https://www.gradsch.hku.hk/gradsch/prospective-students/how-to-apply
Applicants should contact Dr Louise Ashton ([email protected]) to discuss their eligibility. Applicants should then send an up-to-date CV, three references and a statement of research experience and interests to Dr Louise Ashton ([email protected]).