Accessibility statement for FindAPhD.com
This accessibility statement applies to www.findaphd.com.
This website is run by FindAUniversity Ltd. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. This means that we are working to continuously improve the website’s accessibility, so that you will be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
- we have issues with text colour contrast
- the search filter functionality is limited at 300% zoom
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format, such as an accessible PDF, large print, audio recording or braille, email email@example.com.
We aim to respond to all requests within three working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
FindAUniversity’s contact details are available on the Contact Us section of our website.
If you cannot view the map on our ’contact us’ page, please call, email or write to us for directions.
Technical information about this website's accessibility
Although FindAUniversity is not a public body we are committed to making its websites accessibleFindAUniversity is committed to making its websites accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.[CW1]
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
- Images: Some images do not have a text alternative, therefore people using a screen reader cannot access the information. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content).
- Interactive forms: Some of our interactive forms are difficult to navigate using only a keyboard. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 (name, role value). We are investigating this issue.
- Navigation: On some pages, such as the search filters, there are issues with navigation by keyboard. We are investigating this issue.
- Videos: We aim to make our video content accessible to everyone by providing captions where possible. However, some video content is provided by third parties. In these cases, we will only provide captioning if they are provided by the third party.
- YouTube and Google Maps: We embed YouTube videos and Google Maps on the site. We know there are accessibility issues with these features, however, as we do not control these platforms, we are unable to make the changes required to improve them.
As part of our ongoing assessment of accessibility, we are assessing the cost of fixing issues with navigation and accessing information, in relation to disproportionate burden.
What we're doing to improve accessibility
When new features are released, we continuously work to ensure accessibility. We are also committed to working on the issues listed above.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared and last reviewed on 13th January 2022. This website was last tested on 13th January 2022. The test was carried out by our Web Development team.