Ground-breaking research in a stunning coastal location - discover Swansea University
A world-leading, international research community, coupled with a superb beachside location- Swansea will provide you with an outstanding experience for your postgraduate research degree.
Here’s five reasons why you should study at Swansea:
- UK top 30 research university - Swansea:
1. UK top 30 research university – in the latest Research Excellence Framework assessment, Swansea was recognised as a UK top 30 research university, demonstrating the quality of both our academic and student output. Our research is having a real world impact on the health, wealth, culture and well-being of our society. You’ll become a member of our international research community, comprised of expert staff and students from across the globe.
- A range of funding opportunities - at Swansea, we recognise the importance of funding research. Every year, we offer a large number of fully funded PhD scholarships. Each scholarship typically provides the full cost of UK/EU tuition fees, plus a yearly stipend for the duration of your studies. PhD loans of up to £26,445 are also available for eligible English, Welsh and EU students studying with us. The money is paid directly to you, and can be used towards the cost of your tuition fees and/or living expenses. Swansea has been ranked Top 10 most affordable university town in 2019 (TotallyMoney.com). With affordable housing options and a low cost of living, you’ll find it easy to make your money stretch a little further.
- Programme flexibility - we offer research programmes in a variety of subject areas. With a large supervisory team in every academic department, you’ll have the flexibility to specialise in a variety of research topics. The majority of our programmes are available on a part-time basis, giving you the option to choose when and where you study.
- Outstanding supervisors and support - as a Swansea student, you’ll join our welcoming community of over 2,500 postgraduate students. All of our research students are encouraged to attend a series of dedicated skills development courses. Courses such as Presentation Skills and Public Engagement and Career Planning and Progress are designed to support you in your studies, as well as prepare you for your future career.
- Spectacular scenery - the University is adjacent to Swansea Bay’s coastline, and both of our campuses are within walking distance of sandy beaches. Whether you feel more at home on the beach or in the city, Swansea offers something for everyone. The University is just a short walk or bus ride away from Swansea’s city centre, which offers a variety of shops, restaurants, bars and entertainment options. Just along the beach is the magnificent Gower Peninsula- the UK’s first Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Why not pay us a visit at one of our Postgraduate Open Days and discover Swansea for yourself? Book your place now to come along to one of our Postgraduate Open Days, held every year in November and March.