Advertise PhD Research Projects
PhD Project Advertising: Key Points
- Advertise a single project for just £50, or multiple projects for as little as £20 each. Click here to see our prices.
- A global site with a global audience - we accept PhD adverts from universities around the world.
- If you have a question about advertising on the site, please email our friendly team or call us on +44(0)114 213 4333.
For the most effective advertising, we always recommend you include as much information as possible about your PhDs. This helps prospective students gain a good understanding of the type of research carried out within your department or school.
If you currently display details of proposed or potential research projects on your own web pages, you'll understand the important role they play in showcasing your research and helping to attract high quality PhD applicants.
The FindAPhD projects database provides a low-cost model for advertising your projects to over 380,000* prospective students a month.
What about our studentships?
FindAPhD caters for all types of studentships, whether they are project-specific, or in competition across a number of possible projects. The key to getting the best out of the site is to include all projects to which your studentships can potentially apply. It's the projects that students search, not the studentships!
Every project on the site carries a funding status flag, to clearly identify the type of funding available, and who is eligible to apply. A couple of examples include "Competition Funded PhD Project (European/UK Students Only)" and "Funded PhD Project (UK Students Only)". We also offer a "Self-Funded PhD Students Only" flag, so you can maintain a presence on the site even when your latest studentships have been filled.
With our sliding payment scale, the more projects you have to advertise, the cheaper the rate. We allow a huge word limit of 1000 words per project, and entries are valid for 12 months. For just £300, you could have 10 individual entries in the database, totalling 10000 words. That's some exposure!
Once registered, you will receive a username (your email) and password allowing you to login and add your project details. Projects can also be edited at any time during their 12 month lifetime.
Fill out a quick form, purchase some project credits by credit card (or request an invoice), and start adding your projects!
Can we publish our FindAPhD projects on our own web site?
Yes you can! We have developed a free PhD Listings Tool to allow you to easily integrate your projects into your own web site. The tool is simple to install, and includes a powerful search interface so your visitors can filter your projects and search them by keyword.
A few rules
The popularity of FindAPhD is largely down to our unique database of PhD projects; it's an ideal tool for prospective students. To be fair to all our advertisers, and to ensure we maintain the excellent data quality our users have come to expect, we do have a few terms and conditions for the projects database:
- Each project on the site must have a named lead supervisor. The lead supervisor cannot be changed during the 12 month advertising period.
- Only one research project can be described in a single project space on the site. If a supervisor has more than one potential project to advertise, they must take out additional slots.
- The research projects database cannot be used to advertise the general availability of one or more studentships within a department or research group. Each potential project eligible for the funding must be listed.